Media feature requests

17 years 11 months ago #12912 by joombob
Media feature requests was created by joombob
Nant, et al,

Question: Are you guys going to contiue developing this plugin into future versions?

If so, I wanted to pass on an idea:

Along with the request to allow developers to add multiple gallery tabs to a profile (like one tab for images and one for mp3, for example), we wanted to ask if it would be possible to embed a media file so it would play inside the tab. We imagined something like the Jogadgets player or a simple embedding of the media player itself (depending on whether it's a wmv, mpg or whatever).

This idea may be the ravings of a madman. Apologies if so. :)

And thanks again for this kick-ass tab!!! I'm already using it on three sites, including a site I built for a talent manager in Hollywood. Your plugin gave me the exact functionality I needed to turn use CB features to build an easy-to-surf-and-update catalogue of this agent's clients.

Talent manager client's page.

The v/o reel is my own, uploaded as a test, and the rest of the Joomla-based site is still under development. :)

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Myspace for movie geeks? Check out www.cc2k.us!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #12939 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Media feature requests
Glad to see you like the plugin and you are using it B)

Future plans?

Wow it was just released 3 days ago! LOL

I have opened a forge project area and there is a feature request artifact ;)

If someone has a nice script (javascript or php) that can handle different players I could take a shot at integrating it. I don't want to reinvent the wheel though ...

17 years 11 months ago #12942 by joombob
Replied by joombob on topic Re:Media feature requests
Ha! Yeah, hey -- I meant the "future plans" question in reverence, not out of ingratitude in any way, as I'm sure you know. :)

A Java thing, eh? All righty, I'll look into it. Thanks again!!!

17 years 11 months ago #12947 by Machiel
Replied by Machiel on topic Re:Media feature requests
Those are nice ideas. So when you click on the wmv file it opens a popup and plays the video or the same with mp3 or something like that. That would be very very nice:D Will search for a script.

Best Regards
Machiel

CB tester

17 years 11 months ago #12948 by joombob
Machiel wrote:

Those are nice ideas. So when you click on the wmv file it opens a popup and plays the video or the same with mp3 or something like that. That would be very very nice:D Will search for a script.

Machiel,

Actually, Nant's plugin does that right now! It's that awesome! But are you thinking that it would pop open a media-specific player, depending on the type of file? That would OWN.

Also, we were thinking of an embedded player that would play directly inside the tab -- but your idea is probably better. :)

17 years 11 months ago #12951 by joombob
Ooh! Ooh! We were also thinking:

If a user uploads a media file, could the user also designate/upload a screenshot to go with the media file?

Thanks!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn