How to create multiple CB Gallery tabs

16 years 4 months ago #52949 by naoufel
Hi,

We would like to "clone" the CB Gallery tab into 5 separate tabs where each tab has access to (and can manage) its own photo items. The main goal is to assign a different access policy to each gallery tab (e.g. "private photos" as opposed to "shared photos"). We are using the Privacy Policy plugin (from mikkosoft). Is this possible at all?

Many thanks

Best regards

Naoufel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #52960 by nant

16 years 4 months ago #53013 by naoufel
Replied by naoufel on topic Re:How to create multiple CB Gallery tabs
Hi Nick,

In order to create a clone of the CB Gallery tab I am wondering if it is still a major task to modify some parameters of the installation files and install under a different name, thus creating a new tab but with the same functionality? Would it be sufficient to alter the user item (i.e. image) path and specify a different sql table name for the gallery? I am guessing there might be more to edit in the xml and php files of the module & plugin: so is it realistic to do all this without doc?

Do you have any recommendation as of how to tackle this problem?

Best regards

Naoufel

16 years 4 months ago #53027 by nant
that and many code changes ...

the code is designed for one tab and one image database and repository.

I would much rather rewrite these features into the plugin than try to create a clone.

16 years 4 months ago #53589 by naoufel
Replied by naoufel on topic Re:How to create multiple CB Gallery tabs
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the answer. I have a different question. I would like to add a CB tab (plugin) where users can publish personal news entries (with date and subject) and only allow connections to view them. It does not really matter if the component behind this is a forum or a blog.

I have played a bit with fireboard and mamblog (since CB is supported) but the problem I have is even though I set restrictions on the actual tab (with the Profile Privacy plugin from mikkosoft) and everything looks nice in the tab: whats happens is that when you clik on the entry it will take you to the forum/blog main page where all entries from all users are viewable. Checking component permissions on the backend did not help as you only can choose bewteen "public" or "registered users" but not "user's connections".

Are you aware of any bulletin component where a user can publish personal news in a private way?

What about the Forum tab here in joomlapolis? I have a feeling that the tab only takes you to that particular item without any additional "previous" and "next" buttons linking to other threads? Are you using simpleboard forum? I also like the fact that you can attach images and files.

Many thanks for your help on this.

Best regards

Naoufel

16 years 4 months ago #53592 by nant
Actually, I have been thinking of writing a CB (self-contained) plugin to allow profile owners to publish small articles (see profilebook type entries) in their tabs.

The articles would be marked as public, private, registered, and connected.

This is on my wish-list of todo items.

No timeframe whatsoever.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn