Skip to Content Skip to Menu

How to create multiple CB Gallery tabs

• naoufel
  • naoufel
16 years 4 months ago #53598 by naoufel
Replied by naoufel on topic Re:How to create multiple CB Gallery tabs
That would be the perfect solution indeed: I was myself thinking specifically about the profilebook analogy: just forgot to mention it. Looking forward to such a plugin :)

In the meantime I do like the forum component you are using in joomlapolis. Noticed the small footer indicating it is based on Joomlaboard so I will try that and see if I somehow can hide all links to other user's entries. Probably not feasible from the backend so I might have a look at the code files. If you have any suggestion please let me know.

My only other alternative would be to implement groupjive which allows group-based bulletins. The only problem is that I am aiming for a simple site and it will require from the end-users several steps of creating groups, re-inviting their CB connections...etc before thay are able to exchange personal news items. On top of that the entries will not be visible directly from the CB tab. They would again have to navigate several steps before they reach the actual posts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• naoufel
  • naoufel
16 years 4 months ago #53599 by naoufel
Replied by naoufel on topic Re:How to create multiple CB Gallery tabs
Hi again Nick,

Back to the CB gallery access question. My idea is to let users show photos to a subset of connections. Rather than specifying a list of allowed users I think the most natural way would be to grand this "private" access based on the connection "type" as defined in "manage my connections". For example some photos would only be visible to connections of type "family".

I have been able to implement the finer access granularity with the profile privacy plugin but as it is tab-based it has no use if there is one single gallery tab. The whole idea is to differentiate access for different pictures (at least 2 sets: that is why I thought about cloning the gallery tab).

I am thinking about another idea: to "recode" the unpublish button under every pic so that instead of unpublishing the pic for all users it will rather restrict viewing to "private" users.

How much work would that be? If you think it is realistic please let me know which files to recode and which paragraphs.

Many thanks

Best regards

Naoufel

• naoufel
  • naoufel
16 years 4 months ago #53753 by naoufel
Replied by naoufel on topic automatic synch of Joomla-CB registration
Hi Nick,

Is there any way (via config or extension) to allow for automatic user synchronization into CB whenever someone registers using the Joomla login module? I have installed a new Joomla template with a nice Custom Login module but I have to manually synchronize users in the backend before that user gets his CB profile created/displayed.

Any help/hint would be appreciated.

Best regards

Naoufel

• naoufel
  • naoufel
16 years 4 months ago #54524 by naoufel
Replied by naoufel on topic CB tab as stand-alone URL?
Hi Nick,

Is there any way to link a specific CB tab to a stand-alone URL (i.e. view the tab contents on its own page with nothing else around it)?

Many thanks

Best regards

Naoufel

Moderators: beatnantkrileon