CB Gallery Freezing Up

15 years 11 months ago #62525 by Seurot
CB Gallery Freezing Up was created by Seurot
Hi everybody,

I am using this component to further improve the community site I am building :)

However, we encountered one small issue while trying to wrap this project up :P

For some reason, the CB Gallery Plugin won't open in a lightbox when you click on the image. Instead, a white box shows up on the page, and it acts like it is loading for a split second, before freezing up and not doing anything.

I've tried disabling every other component, but it still won't work. However when I switch to a different template, it'll work and all my other components using javascript also work with the template we want to use.

If you wouldn't mind, could you take a look at the error on www.legacyofalife.com when you get a chance? I'm stumped on how to fix that and still keep the template we have.

Thanks so much,
Seurot

Post edited by: Seurot, at: 2008/05/08 06:26

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #62873 by teryaki
Replied by teryaki on topic Re:CB Gallery Freezing Up
Hey there..

I tried to check out your site but it says its under maintainance. If I remember correctly, trying to load mootools and jquery at the same time causes this "white box" effect with any lightbox. You'll either need to remove whatever is calling mootools or, modify the CBGallery to use mootools and slightbox instead, like I did.

More info can be found here.... www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,32309/catid,33/

good luck.

15 years 11 months ago #62907 by claudeesti
Replied by claudeesti on topic Re:CB Gallery Freezing Up
If this can help you that's from my post on the forum it's the error i found.

I'm using fireBug to seeks my bug in FF and I found out that the LightBox have a big problem.

When ever i click on an image to pop it up the lightbox pop half of the white background and stop.

and i get this error in my Firebug.

[code:1] effect.element has no properties
[Break on this error] setStyle(effect.element.firstChild, {bottom:
effects.js (line 689)[/code:1]

I looked it up in Effects.js and here what it seem to be the problem

[code:1] setStyle(effect.element.firstChild, {bottom:
(effect.dims[0] - effect.element.clientHeight) + 'px' }); }},[/code:1]

If anyone have a solution about this it would be more than welcome. I really light the lightbox effect and use it around in most of my website thanks a lot

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn