Intergrate phpBB into joomla possible?

17 years 10 months ago #14596 by lennox
Hello, good work guys!
maybe i missed this but:

is it possible to intergrate the phpbb forum into the mainmodule of you're joomlasite?
Like other components?

Not a _blank screen!

I hope you understand me :)

Is their already a module : latest X forumtopics joomlamodule available?

Post edited by: martijn189, at: 2006/06/03 18:44

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN

www.nightcity.nl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #14601 by martijn189
Replied by martijn189 on topic Re:Get phpbb intergrate it the main
Hi there, thanks for the compliment. Yes you can get the phpBB forum inside your joomla website, this can be done using the "wrapper" function.

Go to administrative backend, and go to Menu>THE_MENU

Then choose new>wrapper and fill in the fields.

Please note, that it can look a bit strange, there is a phpbb compoent out there, but it is up to you if you like that better then the standalone phpBB version.

There is also a module for showing the latest X phpBB topics, i attached it to this post to spare you the time looking for it.

Attachment mod_last_phpBB_topics.zip not found

CB3PD Developer assistent - phpBB Connector plugin
Attachments:

17 years 10 months ago #14615 by lennox
Replied by lennox on topic Re:Get phpbb intergrate it the main
martijn189 wrote:

Hi there, thanks for the compliment. Yes you can get the phpBB forum inside your joomla website, this can be done using the "wrapper" function.

Go to administrative backend, and go to Menu>THE_MENU

Then choose new>wrapper and fill in the fields.

Please note, that it can look a bit strange, there is a phpbb compoent out there, but it is up to you if you like that better then the standalone phpBB version.

There is also a module for showing the latest X phpBB topics, i attached it to this post to spare you the time looking for it.

Attachment mod_last_phpBB_topics.zip not found

Thank you some much for the quik en good response, i almost created the module bymyself, but i see you done it, great.

The wrapper function, i know it works like a charm with it.
BUT! i think it's importent that users can 'send links' to eachother. Like: He! check this forum : http://yoursite/forum/topic13223

With the wrapper function this is not happening. the url is at that moment like: http://yousite/component/option=wrapper3

I hope you understand me!!!

LENNOX
Official CB 3th Party Developer
Working on the CBRC2 Lennoxonline module
Official partner and PR-man of dcsFlashGames
RELEASED: Highest Karma Module
RELEASED: PROFILE VOTE KARMA PLUGIN

www.nightcity.nl

17 years 10 months ago #14635 by martijn189
Replied by martijn189 on topic Re:Get phpbb intergrate it the main
yes i know, that happens when you use a wrapper. The best way for you to go if you really want the forum inside your website is to look at the phpbb forum compoent that websmurf made, his website was www.timonline.nl but that site looks different then how i remember it so can't say for sure he is still making the component.

Our plugin is for the standalone version of phpBB, but maybe we will edit it later to support tims component.

Why do you want your forum to be inside your site? if i may ask

CB3PD Developer assistent - phpBB Connector plugin

17 years 10 months ago #14806 by Severe
Replied by Severe on topic Re:Get phpbb intergrate it the main
martijn189 wrote:

yes i know, that happens when you use a wrapper. The best way for you to go if you really want the forum inside your website is to look at the phpbb forum compoent that websmurf made, his website was www.timonline.nl but that site looks different then how i remember it so can't say for sure he is still making the component.

Tim's Joomla development (including the phpbb component) moved to another site: www.joomlastuff.org/

For as far as I know the component is not compatible with CB. Or at least not without haxxoring.
See this topic

17 years 10 months ago #15376 by homebrew
Replied by homebrew on topic Re:Get phpbb intergrate it the main

Why do you want your forum to be inside your site? if i may ask

For those, like me, who use tabbed browsing, when I open a forum or discussion in a new tab, phpBB shows unwrapped. If it was a component, then it would stay in the joomla site. right?

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.225 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn