Link Modifications for phpBB2

17 years 1 day ago #36647 by mwbaseball
Replied by mwbaseball on topic Re:Link Modifications for phpBB
OK, I'm using phpmyadmin (1st time) and cannot find 'baseball_phpb2.jos_comprofiler'

or anything called comprofiler

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 11 months ago #36823 by mwbaseball
how can I revert back to the way it was so I can use my forums again?

16 years 11 months ago #36825 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Link Modifications for phpBB
Did you ever verify that the 'jos_comprofiler' table existed in the 'baseball_phpbb2' database?

My guess is that you have the forum and CB/Joomla installed in different databases...(just from the DB name I would guess we where looking in the DB for phpbb) How did you install each of them (Joomla and phpbb2)?

As far as reverting back... just do the opposite of what you did when you installed the modification downloaded from here. Replace the modified files with the original phpbb2 files.

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 11 months ago #36828 by mwbaseball
there is a jos_comprofiler in my joom1 database, but none in either of my phpbb databases. So does that mean joomla and phpbb are in different databases? sorry for being slow, i'm new to this

I wasn't smart enough to save my original files before uploading yours. :( So I'll give it another shot to try to make it work.

16 years 11 months ago #36830 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:Link Modifications for phpBB
You can re-download phpbb2 from phpbb.com and extract the original files from the zip file.

I guess the next thing to verify is that you are using phpbb2 and not the phpbb component correct?

Then if you want to use the connector you will either need to install phpbb into the Joomla database or Joomla into the phpbb database. The database, user, and password are options that you choose during the install of either of those programs.

I would probably installer the newer of the 2 programs into the others database (assuming that one of the 2 is already established and in use) Both installations are well written and give quite a bit of guidance while installing...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 11 months ago #36833 by mwbaseball
thanks for your help greg. I am going to go grab those files and get my forum working again. I am currently rebuilding my site on my laptop, using JSAS, so I can work on getting CB to work BEFORE I try to mess with my live site again.

Learning as I go....

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn