CB Connector giving errors after fresh install

16 years 4 months ago #52723 by cymist
Hiya, im getting an error whenever i click on the CB Connector in CB's plugin manager, this happend after i removed the old phpbb connector AFTER installing the new CB Connector Beta2

is there something i need to delete or remove from my server perhaps ?

ive even gone as far as removed ALL CB related installs and starting from scratch... same error over and over again

and CHmod setting are 777 on everything so far for testing purposes... no luck

this is what it tells me (ive edited out my domain name)

Warning: main(): Unable to access cbcplugin.php in /home/u/n/mydomain/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnector/pluginfunctions.php on line 10

Warning: main(cbcplugin.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/u/n/mydomain/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnector/pluginfunctions.php on line 10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 4 months ago #52738 by geeffland
From the error message it is indicating it can not find the cbcplugin.php file... which should be in the CBC main directory

/home/u/n/mydomain/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconnector

Possible causes:
1) file is not there... should be put there during installation
2) On a host with fairly tight security settings. Some hosts such as siteground have their servers setup so that files with 777 permissions can not be run.
3) Could be a php memory issue... make sure and set the php variable memory_limit to 16M or higher.

If you think the issue is #2 then I will dig up the other info...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

16 years 4 months ago #52793 by cymist
not sure its any of those 3 issues, not to sound like a smart ass or anything cuz im not because i got like 0 skills at php, but the problem only occured after i had installed cb connector and then REMOVED the old phpbb connector... it worked fine while phpbb connector was installed, i was thinking about installing phpbb connector again, but i cant find it anywhere :(

next step would be to tear down my intire website and really start over from scratch, a thing im not looking forward to doing :(

regardng "issue 1" the file IS there and has 777 permissions, ive checked via ftp

and i know its not the "issue 2" you mention thats causing the error, ive talked to my hosting firm and they say everything on my server can run at chmod 777

as for "issue 3" i have no clue how to set that or check it or whatnot, i got no php skills whatsoever

16 years 4 months ago #52846 by geeffland
PM me info on how to access your site on the admin side... I will need super admin rights and the component JoomlaXplorer and I will look around to see what the issue is.

Hopefully I can get a chance tomorrow (Friday) to look at it... if not then it may be a week or so...

Greg

15 years 11 months ago #62332 by cymist
hey again geeffland, first off let me apologize for disapearing so suddenly, real life has a tendency to get in the way of online projects ! *shakes fist at real life*

a little update on my problem as listed in my previous posts, ive tried removing joomla intirely, including SQL tables, uploaded a totally fresh joomla 1.0.15 with CB 1.1 and CB connector beta5

im still getting the same errors as first reported!

If your offer still stands let me know how to PM you(couldnt find a PM button) and i will make a user with superadmin rights.

Joomlaxplorer is already installed, as is a few other modules, ive managed to sync and import users from phpbb3 forum to CB userlist, from there on it's all pants!

15 years 11 months ago #62363 by geeffland
Click on the little blue icon in the bottom left of my post... then go to the Messages - Send Private Message option and that will allow you to type a PM and send it to me...

Greg

Moderators: beatnantgeefflandmartijn189krileon
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn