CBrc2 - Joomla 1.0.4 - SMF1.1

18 years 5 months ago #1066 by jfigura
CBrc2 - Joomla 1.0.4 - SMF1.1 was created by jfigura
Have a new site working to get live, utilizing the abov ementioned components. All of them work well together with oen minor exception.

When I activated the CB Login, it caused my wrapped SMF froum to drop down considerably, and I am having a hard time figuring out how to resolve this.

You can view the site at www.planetliquid.us/index.php As you can see the forums themselves, have dropped considerably below the search box. When before, they were nice and tight.

I am unsure where to start in trying to fix this. If anyone can provide some guidance, I would be forever grateful.

To the Developers - I am excited over this tool and appreciate the release. Donation forthcoming.

--Joe

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #1089 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:CBrc2 - Joomla 1.0.4 - SMF1.1
I had the same problem with not only the forums but a couple of other components when using a fixed width template. The problem is that your template does not provide enough breathing room for your forum. You have one of 2 solutions.

1. Try turning off the menu and login on the left when using the forum. This will give you the extra space taken up in the left column.

2. Use a variable full width template which will open the entire width of your screen for the use of your site.

I found the second option a lot better because one thing a lot of us forget is that there are some that do not run there resolution at 1024X768 or above. If someone comes in at 800X600 or 640X480 then those thin fixed width templates can cause problems. On the other side of the coin even if it does not look bad on a lower res having a variable width template will open up your site to those with higher resolutions.

Of course this is just my opinion, I'm sure there are many others in the field.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 5 months ago #1094 by jfigura
Replied by jfigura on topic Re:CBrc2 - Joomla 1.0.4 - SMF1.1
Hi and thanks for the response. I agree a variable width template would be more appropriate, but right now, w ehave to use the present one.

The problem is, that the problem didn't ocurr, until I activated the CB login,and deactivated the Joomla login.

The board was fine when the default Joomla login was being used.

--Joe

18 years 5 months ago #1096 by jfigura
Replied by jfigura on topic Re:CBrc2 - Joomla 1.0.4 - SMF1.1
For the short term I did switch off the login on that page. Is better now. Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.428 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn