2 Questions about the Fields

16 years 8 months ago #44398 by siddan
2 Questions about the Fields was created by siddan
Hey

1) Must a field be visible on profile in order for it to be searchable?
Or.. since every field has an unique ID, is display:none via css the most prefered solution?

2) When a field is set to User Read Only, how is it possible to still let any "special" user allow to edit that field on the front end? Not even the Admin is allowed to, only via backend

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #44404 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:2 Questions about the Fields
siddan wrote:

Hey

1) Must a field be visible on profile in order for it to be searchable?
Or.. since every field has an unique ID, is display:none via css the most prefered solution?

2) When a field is set to User Read Only, how is it possible to still let any "special" user allow to edit that field on the front end? Not even the Admin is allowed to, only via backend

Thanks

1) the default CB search in users-lists is on username and/or name only, depending on the name display setting. So it will not search other fields for now. There is a 3pd component advanced search doing this.

2) There is no settings for this for now. The main design principles in CB 1.0 are as follows:

- the user himself should see his own profile as much same as possible as others see it

- in edit mode, the moderators should have the same edit view as the user

- admins have access to backend to edit the read-protected fields, that often you want to protect from erroneous changes.

It might not suit everybody's needs, and we understand your feature request. :)

So for 2) you would need to change the sourcecode (for 1) too if you want to do it in CB).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #44409 by siddan
Replied by siddan on topic Re:2 Questions about the Fields
Thanks for the reply

I forgot to mention that I use Advanced Search, The first post I wrote was too slow and got I timed out :)

But ok.. since I am unfortunately not a programmer I will settle with using the display:none property for those fields :)

And for the field editing part... It is not so vicious as of now

thanks again

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn