Module Containing Custom Content for Each Users

16 years 8 months ago #44403 by ksquaredmedia
I'm looking to create a module that features custom content specific to each user. This module will appear after the user logs in using Community Builder.

For example, after user "Joe Schmo" logs on, this module will show the following custom information:
1. "Welcome Joe Schmo"
2. This is the picture of your hometown that you, "Joe Schmo", uploaded
3. This is the hyperlink to your university that you, "Joe Schmo", inputted.

What code should I use to create a module that:

A1. Reads that user "Joe Schmo" has logged in and shows the custom content that "Joe Schmo" has inputted.

A2. Gives the user, "Joe Schmo", the ability to input a url to his University (UNIVERSITYURL), and a picture to his Hometown (HOMETOWNPIC), that will be displayed after he logs in.

I know that this information can be shown by looking at the profile, however, I'm looking to create a module that will appear in the front page along with other information.

B1. Is there a way to take the CB Login module, hack it by removing the avatar pic, logout, and other login information in order to show this information?

B2. Is there a way to extract the code and which code should be taken from the CB Login module to show this custom content?

Any help will be appreciated.
Kristofer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #44422 by beat
Best is to use a separate 3pd CB module and change it to suit your needs ;)

Don't hack core files, login is a sensitive thing, and can easly break or become insecure ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #44426 by ksquaredmedia
Replied by ksquaredmedia on topic Re:Module Containing Custom Content for Each Users
Thank you for your assistance.

Can you recommend any 3pd CB Module in which I can hack into and get the result (A1 and A2 in my initial post) that I want?

If there is no 3pd CB module, disregard my request for a hack.
What code should I implement in my module to achieve the display of custom content?

16 years 8 months ago #44507 by beat
I can't recommend a particular one, just take a look at a few of them, they're under the downloads section 3pd here (you need to be logged in).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn