Joomla's 1.5 lack of commercial developer's suppor

16 years 8 months ago #44580 by azv
Hello everyone,

Not sure if that's the right place to post it.. mods feel free to move to a more suitable place :-0

I've been building web sites with joomla for 2 years now. I love it, it's my job :)
However I'm facing with a tough decision I need to make.
In light of the problems with commercial licenses for J! 1.5, most of the 3rd party extensions I've been using told me they won't be releasing to J! 1.5. Some said they're waiting to see what the future brings, some say they are officially off J!, for now, and some time in the future they may rewrite their extension to make it comply with J! 1.5 license issues.

And I need to convert some of my existing sites to Joomla. I was going to convert them to J! 1.5- but I'm then stuck with no 3rd-party extension support.
I was thinking of staying on J! 1.x, but then I need some of the features of J! 1.5. Maybe go back to Mambo ? Hell, I was even thinking of starting to play with drupal :)

All in all, I'm kinda lost. What's it going to be for the future of J! in terms of commercial extensions?
Yes, I've read most of the huge discussions about it that started to show 3 months ago when this was announced. But the bottom line is that 3rd party commercial developers are still standing on the fence- and haven't commited to J! 1.5.

Can anyone share their plans to the future?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.158 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn