a User edit tabs in other Users profile

16 years 8 months ago #44781 by rabothole
a User edit tabs in other Users profile was created by rabothole
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to allow a certain user to edit one tab in another users profile from the front-end.

E.g.: a teacher can edit a class member’s profile and enter the grades he got for his subjects that is on his Subjects tab?

Thank You
Philip

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #44782 by beat
Well, front-end editing is a "all or nothing" thing for site moderators for now.

Detailed access control is in the plans, but we are not there yet.

Maybe one of Mikko's plugins can help you in the mean time.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #44820 by rabothole
Replied by rabothole on topic Re:a User edit tabs in other Users profile
Thanks for the comments,

at this stage I'm using mikko's APC but cannot figure out how the access level management works, still a bit new to APC component and will have to try it with that, Probably have to study his site a bit more.

But thanks again.
Philip

16 years 8 months ago #44832 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:a User edit tabs in other Users profile
Making a profile editable in by other user and then restricting what can be edited by that user is possible with the logic that APC uses. This has not been implemented yet.

If you need this feature, please post a feature request at my tracker www.mikkosoft.fi/index2.php?option=com_flyspray&Itemid=56

You can lear more about access control by reading the documentation
www.mikkosoft.fi/index.php?option=com_openwiki&Itemid=34&id=understanding_access_control

-Mikko

16 years 8 months ago #44885 by rabothole
Replied by rabothole on topic Re:a User edit tabs in other Users profile
Mikko we can always rely on you to give us the best advice.

My biggest issue is working out how the APC and JACL would allow this to be possible, I played around with a couple of SQL query methods to restrict certain Profile Types to edit the certain tabs the example I gave is about exactly what I would like to do and I was thinking, that with the APC and JACL components this would be possible with the examples you gave on you previous reply.

I had a look at it a couple of weeks ago and could not get this to work, I think this has got the NEWbie factor attached to it.

But thanks a lot again for the great support and the BEST component for CB ever created.

Thanks
Philip

16 years 8 months ago #44887 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:a User edit tabs in other Users profile
The thing that you are trying to set up is far from newbie stuff :)

Current version of APC does not support access control for edit. This is easy to implement, so it will be implemented sometime soon.

-Mikko

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn