turn off registration

16 years 8 months ago #45033 by Jawker
turn off registration was created by Jawker
how can i turn off registration?
i want to create accounts for my own members.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #45046 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:turn off registration
Jawker wrote:

how can i turn off registration?
i want to create accounts for my own members.

* Beat wonders if he should (using his free time) reply to questions which are explained in details in the not expensive and excellent Nick's CB documentation, mentioned in the README.txt file comming free with CB, and also in the free installation guide in PDF, as well as most probably answered 3 times in these free forums findable by the search... :whistle:

So short answer: get Nick's documentation, it will answer this in great detail with screen-dumps and background, and most of all next questions that you probably will have, and allow us to spend more time and resources on CB :) : you win, we win, everybody wins: tripple-win B)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #45376 by BPVimes
Replied by BPVimes on topic Re:turn off registration
Considering some of the posts answered here - this seems a reasonably low key question. If I really want to get into CB I would purchase this (possibly later when i grasp what CB does fully) but this is a simple install question. The help while installing is more informative than the answer to this question warrants. Come on - Wife needs a small guild sit e- may lead to an entire mmorpg games worth of guilds wanting this. But for now they need to limit the main websites content from forums visitors.

Please?

Fabricati Diem, Pvnc
( Make My Day Punk)

www.mmortsgamers.com - MMORTS Player Reviews and views

TIP OF THE DAY – If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

16 years 8 months ago #45447 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:turn off registration
Ok ok ....

Was hoping someone of community would help answering here, so we get more time developing....but even community seems to be saying silently rtfm...

In short:

1) turn joomla/mambo registrations off in global site configuration

2) turn CB registrations off in CB configuration of registration.

Then you can create accounts only from backend.

It is explained in:

1) the README.txt file
2) the free installation guide PDF document
3) the subscriptions-based complete CB documentation
4) in this forum a few times. Searching helps.

Please read those closely.

Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #45474 by BPVimes
Replied by BPVimes on topic Re:turn off registration
Yeah I know rtfm but there is so much to grasp when you need to be running already. Thanks for the solution - didn't seem obvious as no 'use CB login but not user reg' option was available. Just seemed odd to be missing as its another 'use CB over whatever' choice which would obviously look good for CB. Maybe i'm just odd lol. :woohoo:

And thanks again and lovely job on CB - you seem to be bringing joomla up to date on community elements many of us got used to with php nuke etc. I now install CB by default.

Fabricati Diem, Pvnc
( Make My Day Punk)

www.mmortsgamers.com - MMORTS Player Reviews and views

TIP OF THE DAY – If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.000 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn