CB captcha 2.0 not working

15 years 1 month ago #90787 by mrlew
Replied by mrlew on topic Re:CB captcha 2.0 not working
I downloaded and installed the latest version of Captcha for doc subs. but no change. Still no image visible. Problem appears to be some sort of config with host going on the number of posts saying "give me a PM with backend details and I'll have a look" or something similar.........well for those you have not looked at, is there a common problem here....other captcha modules work just not CB Captcha.....
TIA

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 1 month ago #90800 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:CB captcha 2.0 not working
mrlew wrote:

I too am having the no image problem with captcha
J1.59, CB1.2 and MyCommunity (not that it has any affect but hey I support you guys)
After install all appears ok except I cannot get an image to display. Captcha appears in all the right places but no image. I have read through forum but the closest solution I get is "...give me backend access and I'll have a look".....as it appears to be happening to a few posters is it a common setup error we are all having or a common hosting problem.

I can take a closer look if you want.

PM me backend access and I will check it out.

15 years 1 month ago #91354 by norfolkandway
Replied by norfolkandway on topic One type of fix - Re:CB captcha 2.0 not working
:) I too was having this problem.
I found the problem to be the component ' Protect Configuration File '
When I restored cofig back to config.php the captcha became visible.

I would suggest all to check added components and modules first

UPDATE -
OK this only happened because I upgraded CB1.2 after installing ' Protect Configuration File '
I reran this programme after the 1.2 upgrade and now the captcha works great as well as the config.php being renamed.

Hope this might help someone

Post edited by: norfolkandway, at: 2009/03/11 01:08

What one man can do, So can another.

15 years 1 month ago #91476 by paulyap2k
I had the same experience,

if configuration.php is move out of the web root, captcha image will not display. I move it outside the webroot to protect the file.

why would captcha needed to access the configuration.php each time its called and why can't it follows the instruction to get to the file outside of webroot?

15 years 1 month ago #91479 by stephaneh
Replied by stephaneh on topic Re:CB captcha 2.0 not working
Where can I download this 2.0 version for my native 1.5.9 joomla?

14 years 11 months ago #98155 by neomelonbay
Replied by neomelonbay on topic Re:CB captcha 2.0 not working
hey Nick, I've been browsing for more than an hour and connot find that CB captcha 2.0.1 download!

Can you help me? Because of time different, can you email me at leo@mediapura.com ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.253 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn