Problem with CB Authorbot ver. 1.0.2

15 years 8 months ago #72500 by Alice Kaye
Problem with CB Authorbot ver. 1.0.2 was created by Alice Kaye
I followed the directions, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with them. Basically, in my name both on here and in my forum, my username/visual name, is Alice Kaye (with a space). When using Authorbot this is what I see on my front page if it is enabled:

Any help is much appreciated! :)

P.S. If you go to my site to view it for yourself, I should warn you that I have the module turned off for now. If you feel that you know the problem and need it turned on for any reason, please let me know!

Post edited by: Alice Kaye, at: 2008/08/28 14:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #72594 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Problem with CB Authorbot ver. 1.0.2
Do you still see that bug when you view the article as a non-admin user? (meaning you don't see the edit button)

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

15 years 8 months ago #72615 by Alice Kaye
Replied by Alice Kaye on topic Re:Problem with CB Authorbot ver. 1.0.2
Nope, only when I'm in admin mode. But it just looks really unattractive. If I have other admins at some point, I wouldn't be very happy having it look like that. Is there any way to avoid it happening?

15 years 8 months ago #72616 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Problem with CB Authorbot ver. 1.0.2
Well the only way to fix this is to look at the codes. The biggest clue is that the culprit is the edit button, so it should be relatively easy to fix it. Personally I suspect it's to do with how the mambot injects the codes.

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

15 years 8 months ago #72617 by Alice Kaye
Replied by Alice Kaye on topic Re:Problem with CB Authorbot ver. 1.0.2
I see. Well I'm fairly new to the way Joomla and whatnot works. I'll try to figure it out and take a look at things.

I think the culprit itself is the fact that the name has a space in it and that the code isn't quite sure what to do with that, but in all honesty, I am not even sure that that is the problem either.

----

Edit: You know to be quite honest with you, looking at my files and whatnot, its the first time in the history of myself where I have absolutely no idea where to go to even look for a problem. :silly: I feel like a dingbat.

Post edited by: Alice Kaye, at: 2008/08/29 13:29

15 years 5 months ago #80186 by kbrookes
Replied by kbrookes on topic Re:Problem with CB Authorbot ver. 1.0.2
I'm also experiencing this problem, it'd be great if there was a resolution.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn