Dynamic Profile Fields

14 years 11 months ago #98063 by lawfirmchaos
Dynamic Profile Fields was created by lawfirmchaos
Is there a way to set up or any plug in that allows you to set up dynamic profile fields?

For example, instead of showing "-" in a field that the user does not fill out, it there a way to just not display blank fields?

Also, what about adding education and employment history where a user might have multiple entries (e.g. college, graduate school, etc...) and multiple fields associated with a single entry (e.g. Harvard College, Graduation Date: 2002, GPA: 3.9, Class Rank: 3/500, etc...) I would like to add an edit profile page that allows a user to add, edit, and delete education and employment information.

Here is an example of what I am trying to accomplish:
See www.lawschoolnumbers.com/ if you click on a user profile, you will notice that they add law school application details. A single entry includes information about the school, when they applies, when/if they heard back from the school, if they accepted, etc... Also, the application allows a user to add any number of schools with the same information. I would like to add this same information about education, work history, recruiting information, and more.

Thanks for the help.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #98109 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Dynamic Profile Fields
Someone came up with a commercial plugin for conditional fields, but I haven't tried it. You can also use Text Area fields instead of Text Field to allow more input.

To hide empty fields instead of displaying the "-", just change the option in your CB settings to hide empty fields.

Post edited by: Rapunzl, at: 2009/05/08 17:56

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn