Re-Building database and Importing User Profiles

16 years 8 months ago #45791 by Varma
Hi ,

I am having some issue. I am rebuilding the website from scratch and imported my old users into my new database on test server. Every thing gone smooth. No Errors. But from admin panel I am not able to see the users that I import to maintain them. New users created after import are showing up. But not the imported users. I created a list and published to front end.I can see all the users on front end but not on backend even there are no filters turned on. Please check the attached link to snapshot image which is showing 165 users COUNT but showing only 2 users details.

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/Itemid,39/tab,getprofilegallerytab/

Any help on the is greately appriciated. I am having the same issue on core com_users admin panel also.

Post edited by: Varma, at: 2007/09/14 08:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #48511 by gulloom
Same problem for me! Don't know the solution! Importing 700 Users or creating them manually, that's my issue :-(

16 years 6 months ago #48513 by mikko
You need to have entries in three database tables for each users
jos_users
jos_comprofiler
jos_core_acl_aro

If one is missing entries, then somethings can work and others not. Most likely entries are missing in the jos_core_acl_aro.

mikko

16 years 6 months ago #48515 by gulloom
mikko wrote:

If one is missing entries, then somethings can work and others not. Most likely entries are missing in the jos_core_acl_aro.

This definitely the one which is missing!

Thank you very much!

You saved me loooooooooooooooooots of time.

Best Regards,
gulloom

15 years 9 months ago #70126 by sollyc
Hi Mikko,
We have replaced the jos_comprofiler tables and the jos_user table and the jos_core_aro tables, however when we log into the admin console for community builder user manger, the database recognises all 418 records in the results count [1 -20 of total 418] yet only displays 5 records. Do you have any other ideas why this could be? Any help will be greatfully appreciated. Thanks Solly

15 years 9 months ago #70579 by sollyc
Hi Everyone, managed to solve this one purely by chance after installing CBJuice. Even though I copied across the core_acl_aro tables to the new site, the CB component did not pick up the data values. I had to go into the core_acl_aro table on the new site and manually create the entries as the old table had them, making sure all the values were identical. All the members are now showing in the user management of CB.

NOTE: copying the table across did not work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn