Error uninstalling component trying to upgrade

15 years 9 months ago #69678 by thesailor
recently upgraded to doc subscriber... have been having problems with avatars and icons in image gallery so I paid for doc and new 1.2 rc2 upgrade....

I followed instructions - I think - and have changed all (I think) needed directory permissions

Instructions tell me to uninstall old comprofiler - I go to 1.5.5 joomla, extensions, components, click Community Builder radial button then click uninstall top right and this is the error I get..

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class JBufferStream in /home/userid/public_html/MYSITESUBDIR/libraries/joomla/utilities/buffer.php on line 27

site is installed to a subdirectory of webroot - seems to cause problems for a lot of plugins... not sure why though.. joomla root is a set... anyhow - any ideas on what I am doing wrong? I even tried disabling CB first then uninstalling - same error... jbufferstream ...

Post edited by: thesailor, at: 2008/07/29 00:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #69681 by thesailor
I've now made sure sef is disabled.
I've tried to upload new component and on install it says invalid token and nothing else.
I disabled all modules and extensions...

still jbufferstream error... not sure whats going on...

1.2 RC 2 upgrade seems to be failing for me... anyone else having issues? I feel like I am missing something real simple...

Post edited by: thesailor, at: 2008/07/29 00:33

15 years 9 months ago #69752 by beat
Never heard of that error jbufferstream ... wierd.

Doesn't look like a CB bug. Must be something wierd in your joomla installation

Sometimes live_site is set to something else than '' in joomla 1.5 configuration (in 1.0 it needs to be set, but not in 1.5).

Can you uninstall other components ?

If you installed with ftp installation enabled, you need to uninstall with ftp enabled too. Same the other way around.

If all fails, maybe easiest to do an expert upgrade using FTP to overwrite files, and then a database upgrade, like explained in README.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn