No email sent to end user nor administrator

16 years 7 months ago #46237 by annabelt
I had trouble with some verification emails not getting through. There was only one person I could ask to test it again and she did get one after I changed mail settings from PHP mail to SMTP and set up an SPF record. I ended up disabling verification emails anyway in the end.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #46255 by beat
Some email hosters require SPF, but quite some verify that you accept emails with the email address with which you send email.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #46277 by blacksun
So, is there a higher chance to get CM mails delivered when sending them by a SMTP server instead of using the PHP Mailing Function? :blink:

16 years 3 weeks ago #60757 by Taiko
same problem but not a hotmail account.

I used a mail@mydomain.com address, redirecting to a googlemail-account.

I don't receive anything... any hints?

Regards,
Taiko

15 years 11 months ago #63393 by mike2k
Hi,

I've the same problem as mentioned in this thread... I'm using CB 1.1. So no registration mail to user and admin..

Correct me if i'm wrong..It seems there's no movement in solving this problem..

15 years 5 months ago #79127 by newinca
I am using Joomla 1.5.7 with CB 1.1

I was having the exact same issues as mentioned in this forum and after much hair pulling I simply changed my Global Configuration - Mail Settings from PHP Mail Function to SMTP Server and left the SMTP Authentication set to NO.

It seems to work fine through Gmail and Hotmail accounts now. Both the user and Admin are receiving the confirmation mails.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.313 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn