Sudden problems with HTTPS links (on non-SSL site)

16 years 7 months ago #44475 by rskolnick
hi

you need to look at a fresh index.php and index2.php in both administrator and also the joomla root. you may have installed a component that changed them or they might have a extra character due to corruption and it is bypassing instructions.

compare a fresh file content with the content of the file you have on the server. this has happened to me before. i always keep a virgin copy of the files in a directory to be able to compare.

hope this helps
post again if you find something.

Robert :evil: :dry:

Secret to a Better Life.
Stay one step outside of reality looking in!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44542 by piotrtrzeciak
Replied by piotrtrzeciak on topic Re:Sudden problems with HTTPS links (on non-SSL si
This is interesting... I reinstalled 1.0.13 again, so there is nothing extra in any files, and I also installed 1.5.0 and the first thing I got was the certificate security warning, so it is doing the same thing. So... over the long weekend, I'm planning to use the code that my provider installs via Fantastice, and see how that works. If it's broken, then it's their problem for sure.

16 years 7 months ago #44572 by piotrtrzeciak
Replied by piotrtrzeciak on topic Re:Sudden problems with HTTPS links (on non-SSL si
I used Fantastico to install another copy of 1.0.13 and the same story again. Someone on the main Joomla site answered my post claiming they have the same problem and their hosting provider suggests some kind of hacking, but I'll have to pursue it further.

16 years 7 months ago #45619 by avalon2107
I've had this and it certainly is a SEF issue. What SEF are you using? Make sure your htaccess file is correct for the type of SEF you use. Some require that ioncube is installed and set up correctly. Some require that your htaccess txt file is renamed to .htaccess. I use SEF Advance and if you use the same get back to me and I'll dig out the correct setup stuff. A note, if you have inadvertantly unknowingly changed the htaccess file from the default joomla one then switching off SEF will probably not return the system to how it was originally and you may well get the errors. Always keep a copy of the original file on your computer for safety.

Hope this helps a bit. I'm sure you will get it sorted

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn