cb connections bug. please look into it

16 years 7 months ago #44872 by freelikehell
cb connections bug. please look into it was created by freelikehell
hi,
i have wasted the last 2 hours searching on this forum to find a solution to my problem, but to no avail. so, im posting it here. please , someone look into the matter...

the bug is with cb connections.
users are able to send connection requests to each other, and the requested user also gets a PM about it.
but when he goes to the "manage connections" page, then, he does see the user's image with the accept and deny radio buttons... but the problem is that no matter how much he tries to accept of reject, it doesn't happen..
the users list of pending connections keeps on building but im unable to add/reject any friends... what is happening? ..please help!!!

my config ...
cb 1.1 ; joomla 1.0.13 + fireboard

Enable Connections - yes
Display Type - public
Display Connection Path - yes
Mutual Consent - yes
Notification Method - pms + email
Cross Connections - yes

Post edited by: freelikehell, at: 2007/09/04 18:47

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 7 months ago #44875 by beat
It could be a bug or conflict in Javascript code in another item displayed on same page...

- try with Firefox with errors turned on

- try default template

- try disabling modules and mambots generating Javascript code in the page.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #44880 by freelikehell
Replied by freelikehell on topic Re:cb connections bug. please look into it
well, debugged the site. it turned ugly. so turned it off.
and i have been using firefox only for 2 years

moreover, i disabled all the modules on that page ...
what to do ??
to be more precise, im giving you a list of components (main ones) that i have ..

joomlaboard - myblog - jomcomment - cb advanced search - d4j instant search - mosets tree - sh404sef - pu arcade - uddeIM ..

hope it helps ..

16 years 7 months ago #44890 by nant
freelikehell wrote:

well, debugged the site. it turned ugly. so turned it off.
and i have been using firefox only for 2 years

moreover, i disabled all the modules on that page ...
what to do ??
to be more precise, im giving you a list of components (main ones) that i have ..

joomlaboard - myblog - jomcomment - cb advanced search - d4j instant search - mosets tree - sh404sef - pu arcade - uddeIM ..

hope it helps ..

did you try the default joomla template?

16 years 7 months ago #44893 by beat
Also try clearing sh404sef's cache.

What happens exactly when you hit accept connections ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 7 months ago #44997 by freelikehell
Replied by freelikehell on topic Re:cb connections bug. please look into it
tried the default template. no use. still the same.
whenever i click the 'update' button, then, it takes me back to my profile, but nothing happens.
moreover, in the connections tab, ONLY i am able to see the connections (about 10 or 15), but noone else is able to view it (just a message - 'this user has no current connections') .. cleared the sh404sef cache also, but no use.. what to do? :(

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn