Connections message not displaying properly

16 years 8 months ago #44969 by gil7002
I see in my browser IE when requeting a connection it will show the message window to far to the left.

Post edited by: gil7002, at: 2007/09/05 18:44
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 8 months ago #44974 by beat
gil7002 wrote:

I see in my browser IE when requeting a connection it will show the message window to far to the left.

Post edited by: gil7002, at: 2007/09/05 18:44

Does your site and template validate to W3C standards ?

just type-in your homepage URL into:

validator.w3.org/

Try default template to see it popups fine in valid templates ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #44979 by gil7002

Does your site and template validate to W3C standards ?

Actually is not just happening in my website also is happening here in joomlapolis. When I visit somebody's profile and click the request connection menu the message window shows so far to the left that only half of it is visible.
www.joomlapolis.com/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/70372/tnpg_1498006752.jpg

I'm using IE 7.0.5730.11

More: I did run my profile in the validator and it fail.
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/Itemid,39/

There are 3 errors:

Line 129, Column 5: end tag for element "div" which is not open.

Line 129, Column 6: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: body line 17 and div.

Line 134, Column 7: XML Parsing Error: Opening and ending tag mismatch: html line 2 and body.

Post edited by: gil7002, at: 2007/09/05 22:30

16 years 8 months ago #45029 by beat
Good catch. Will investigate. Thanks.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 8 months ago #45198 by gil7002
Hope somebody can fix this, I'm ready to go live and can't figure this out.

15 years 8 months ago #73790 by krileon
This is an old thread and don't know if anyone found a fix for it yet, but I have.

You need to change the type of overlib from anchor to centerpopup.

To do this go to:

cb.menu.php

Find:

if($ueConfig!=0) {

(approx. line 872)

Scroll down until you see:

."', CENTER,CLOSECLICK,CLOSETEXT,'"._UE_CLOSE_OVERLIB."',WIDTH,350, ANCHOR,'cbAddConn',ANCHORALIGN,'LR','UR');";

now change it to:

."', CENTER,CLOSECLICK,CLOSETEXT,'"._UE_CLOSE_OVERLIB."',WIDTH,350, CENTERPOPUP,'cbAddConn');";

Now the nice little pop-up box will show in the center of the browser window, which seams MUCH more practical for this.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.227 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn