can't login from bank office: firewalls? help!

16 years 7 months ago #47153 by firepol
Hi,

I've recently begun to work in a bank and I've noticed that I can no more login in joomlapolis.com, nor in other websites where there is community builder installed.

I can login in backend. I can login also in other joomla websites using the standard login module.

So I guess there is something new in the community builder login module that drives firewalls crazy, my question is what could that be?

How could it be possible to debug this and understand what happens?

I've tried the following:
  1. login by trying a wrong password: I get the wrong password error message (so this is OK)
  2. login by using my correct login and password: the page is loaded, the login module -with login, password fields to fill- is stil there; if I login in backend: I see the user as connected... but in frontend it isn't connected, I can't browse the user lists etc.

I don't think (not sure) that I have cookie problems, as I can use gmail without problems and as I told you, I can login on regular joomla sites.

I think the firewalls in the bank block some javascript. E.g. in gmail the chat function doesn't work.

Also, I've noticed a similar problems if I try to login to another e-banking system. I login, then I click something but I'm redirected again to the login page, as if the session is expired.

Another detail: in the bank there is Firefox 2.0.0.0 installed. I can browse to external sites only with that firefox. I can't use Internet Explorer (it's blocked for external sites). I can't install anything there, but just firefox extensions. I will eventually install the web developer extension and try to debug, any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Post edited by: firepol, at: 2007/10/03 19:10

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #51175 by ausnets
We have a similar problem with people logging-in from school and also police offices. So, firewalled and secure LANS I'd assume.

They can initially login, but browsing to another page immediately throws them out and they have to login again.

They can login to the back-end of the site, and navigate to other pages, no problem.

What is happening here ? This is a real problem.

We're on Joomla 1.0.12 and CB 1.1

Thanks !

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn