Hotmail emails not being received + possible fix

16 years 6 months ago #47839 by Elisor
Hi All,

First post here. I've looked around the forums and although I can see a lot of people saying they're having problems with hotmail and CB I've not seen a solution that worked for me. Finally I managed to find one, so thought it might be useful to post it.

Site specs
1. Joomla 1.0.13 - clean install.
2. Marketplace 1.3.1 - clean install.
3. Primezilla 1.0.5 + plugin for CB - clean install.
4. CB 1.1 - clean install
5. Linux server running Plesk.
6. Running an SMTP email server with auth turned on.

Problem
1. No emails being received to hotmail accounts from any part of the site (Joomla, Marketplace, Primezilla etc.)
2. Primezilla (plugin from Joomster.com) not sending emails out to any members, whether they're hotmail or some other domain.

Solutions tried
1. Changing email mailer in Global config. When I changed to phpmailer and sendmail this only stopped the emails that were already going from being sent i.e. no emails went at all.
2. Changing server from localhost to mail.DOMAIN.com and smtp.DOMAIN.com and back again. No change.
3. Turning SMTP on and off - no change.
4. Adjusting these settings in the Primezilla component area - again no effect.

Solution that worked
I was using the website SMTP server. Luckily we have a couple of servers, so I tried the smtp server, login and password from another server and that worked. All emails, including hotmail email accounts, are working now.

I've no idea why this has worked, but thought it might be useful info for others.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn