Unpublishing Tab and Plugin still loads code

16 years 5 months ago #50624 by nethead
Hi,

if i unpublish a CB plugin AND unpublish the according tab the php code for the plugin is still loaded. Is this a bug, a feature or a problem specific to my installation? (CB 1.1, joomla 1.0.13)

cheers,

nethead

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #50652 by bertm
Please tell me how you tested this. I would like to do some performance analysis and optimizing at my site, and I think I need a few more tricks up my sleeve.

There are a few plugins that cannot be deleted. I wonder if they have a negative performance impact.

Some optimizations I have read about include

Assigning unused modules to NONE
turning off web analysis in Joomla and at the host level (unless you need it).
verify that caching is turned on at the module level (some cause problems though)
uninstalling unused bots
clearing out the trash
running the optimize command on the database.

Should we start a thread specific to this?

16 years 5 months ago #50814 by beat
unpublished plugins do load php code in backend. But in frontend they don't load code (or at least shouldn't). Are you sure they do load the code ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 5 months ago #50815 by nethead
I think i unpublished a the module below the module i wanted to unpublish. Sorry for the fuzz....

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.322 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn