Registration form problem > "error message"

16 years 5 months ago #50963 by smaulaz
Hi Everybody,

I've just update my joomla website from the 1.0.11 to the 1.0.13 and CB from the 1.0 to the 1.1.

Now, all work good (backoffice configuration, login fonction) but one things not work ; the registration form.

index.php?option=com_comprofiler > All display ok (but not the pictures, the code link for the img tag add one slash more "/" : components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates//required.gif). But now, this problem is not important.

The think important is when I click on the submit button (without enter the needed informations OR with enter it, it egal), the form go to this page : index.php?option=com_comprofiler ; and display this message : "Please login or Register to view or modify your profile.".

I think that's the message of the profil main area, and because I'm not connected (of course, I've try to create an account), it return me this message.

So, why this problem is present. Where can I verify if the registration form is perfectly configure to send to the good script step.

(for information, all work good in local test, but not on my production website).

Thanks in advance for wich can help me ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #51446 by smaulaz
up

Is there no people who have interest on this subject ?

It's very important, my production website can't propose the "account creation" since 1 week !

That's a very big problem for me now...

Kind regards

16 years 1 week ago #62113 by fmonaca
Don't know if you still have this issue, but I think I stumbled in your same problem.

In my case it was due to some language characters that broke the javascript in the registration page.
In one of the text lines used, "this field is required" in my italian translation I put "Questo campo e\' richiesto".
The character ' was correctly escaped, but using it in the javascript functions of course broke the code, as it appeared unescaped.
Try to check your language file to see whether it contains some "'" charaters.

Fabio

15 years 7 months ago #74263 by Noelfhim
Replied by Noelfhim on topic Re:Registration form problem > "error message"
YES ! This is it !

I had the same problem but I did not find any solution spending 2 hours on the forum.

I switched to english (from french) and it works again !

So I looked in french translations of CB, I found some stuff to change (I attached it in case it helps) but the problem was not there.

The string that caused my bug was inserted into _VALID_AZ09 (the %s). It was_PROMPT_UNAME from main joomla translation, I put a ’ instead of \'

AND IT WORKS !!!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.309 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn