[CONFIRMED] CB 1.1 and Joomla 1.5.2 - Registration

16 years 2 weeks ago #60452 by Fannie1981
Today i discovered that if i know the registration-url (index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers), i can register on joomla even if i have forbidden user registration via the configuration. in CB i use "same as global 'allow registration' site setting", and in joomla configuration the user registration is also disabled.

together with joomla 1.0.15 it's working, you cannot register with these settings.

EDIT: marked as confirmed.

Post edited by: beat, at: 2008/04/06 19:11

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 2 weeks ago #60510 by beat
CB testteam confirmed this bug in CB 1.1, and that it is already fixed in upcoming CB 1.2.

Reason for this bug is that there is a bug in Joomla 1.5 legacy plugin which is wrongly reflecting the registration enabled setting of Joomla into the legacy layer.

Reason it's fixed is that CB 1.2 is running native on Joomla 1.5, without using the legacy layer.

I'm marked this post as confirmed and sticky. Thanks for reporting.

This bug doesn't affect CB 1.1 on Joomla 1.0 and on Mambo.

Thanks for reporting.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 11 months ago #62092 by rdbean
Working with J1.5.3 and CB 1.1, admin is not being notified of a new user registration?

The user is receiving all emails correctly though.

Works like a charm on J1.0

Any Ideas?

Also any status update on CB 1.2?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn