You are not authorized to view this resource

16 years 1 week ago #62795 by iberkner
Ok, so I've searched and I've searched and I've searched some more. I've read up a lot of articles and information about this topic but can't seem to identify the root cause and solve the problem. I am somewhat new to CB so I'm either missing something or there's a bug somewhere.

(1) our site: www.spellingcity.com

(2) the problem: registered users attempt to login and get the dreaded "You are not authorized to view this resource. Please login." message.

(3) What I know:

(a) This happens sporadically. Every day we get e-mails from different users having this problem. Our solution to them seems to be: change their password for them and tell them to clear their cache.

(b) This happened to ME LAST night. In Internet Explorer I wasn't able to login, but using Safari on the same computer worked fine. I tried changing my password, resetting cache, but to no avail.

(4) What I've determined: I believe that part of the issue stems from the user Id not being set in the global $my object somewhere along the line. This of course causes the ACL methods to fail and essentially not provide access to anything even though a good user id and password were provided.

(5) What's frustrating: I can't duplicate this issue so tracking down the root cause is difficult at best.

(6) There are articles in Joomla and here about this topic so obviously it's not uncommon to see it. I'm unclear if this is a Joomla specific or CB specific issue and further how to duplicate and debug it.

We are running CB 1.1 (upgraded from 1.0) and Joomla 1.0.15 upgraded from 1.0.11. We did have similar problems with 1.0.11 (I think).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

spellingcity.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 9 months ago #71718 by henrys708
Replied by henrys708 on topic Re:You are not authorized to view this resource
Did you ever find a way to fix this problem? I am having a similar problem, and nothing seems to work.

Henry

15 years 8 months ago #71836 by iberkner
I think that we narrowed it down to some users coming in as www.spellingcity.com and other users coming in as spellingcity.com (no www). Once we made it so that all the links were "www" and if they got to the site without www we force them to www and the problem seems to have been resolved.

spellingcity.com

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn