registration fails for some safari users

15 years 8 months ago #74092 by timhomewood
registration fails for some safari users was created by timhomewood
Hi,

Using CB 1.1 with joomla 1.0.16.

The website has a CB registration page which throws an error for some Safari (Mac) users but not others.

www.contemporarydance.com.au/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=registers&Itemid=89

Unfortunately the two people who have reported the problem have not come back with more information beyond the two comments below. Has anyone struck this problem? I'm unable to replicate.

"I tried register for your site, but kept getting an error message when I tried to submit the info. Perhaps it was my browser (Safari)? I will give it another go."

"Have been trying to sign up this morning but keep getting a message that says my session has timed out or asking me if I would like some biscuits or some such thing!

I have got cookies enabled btw."

thanks,
Tim

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 8 months ago #74104 by beat
I just tried with Safari 3.1.2 (4525.22).

Registered first try successfully with username "beat". You can now delete this test account :-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 8 months ago #74106 by timhomewood
Replied by timhomewood on topic Re:registration fails for some safari users
Thanks Beat, I suspect it may be an old safari they're using.

I noticed when adding the link to my first message that joomla added "&Itemid=89" to the end of the link as it comes from the menu. The registration link in the login box doesn't include that. could this cause any problem? is there a better way for me to link to registration than making the menu a link URL?

15 years 8 months ago #74111 by beat
That Itemid shouldn't be a problem as long as the corresponding menu entry is public. Which is the case, otherwise it wouldn't display.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn