User Authentication across multiple sites

15 years 6 months ago #78768 by sparques
Ok...this is my first question. It's late...I'm tired..and I cant seem to find the answer. I have multiple Joomla 1.5 installations, each with their own databases, operating within the same domain, but in separate subdirectories.

I have no users in the databases at this time. I have installed CB into each site successfully.
Now, I need to have each site allow the user to register, and navigate between the separate sites.

I saw a post from earlier this year about a component called Multi-Site...and I found the file...but it is for 1.0 and legacy doesn't solve any problems. The installation didn't fail, but when I tried to test it, it errored that the configuration.php file wasn't right. (no further explanation)

Anyway, I was looking at Joomla Multi Sites from jms2win.com and it looked promising, except they specifically said that I can't do this without implementing an LDAP server.

If LDAP is a possibility, how would I go about implementation?

Any help in any way would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago #78769 by sparques
Replied by sparques on topic Re:User Authentication across multiple sites
I'm sorry...I just realized that I posted this in the wrong forum. Sheesh. Please move this to where it is appropriate. Sorry about that.

15 years 5 months ago #79178 by sparques
Replied by sparques on topic Re:User Authentication across multiple sites
Ok..well, I've found that it is virtually impossible to link up separate installations. The only solution was to consolidate all the sites into a single site of varying sections.

To all you super-brilliant people who know how to program...You can make a million dollars if you develop a way to create a user table in a Joomla database and then direct other Joomla installations to direct all user-related queries toward that centralized table. I'm sure it would only take a well-thought-out script....but a fairly key script if you want to anticipate the growth of networking.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn