Is there a "need CB help, will pay" area?

16 years 8 months ago #46032 by mikko
I am ready to sponsor the development of such system with a three figure amount of euros.

-Mikko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 6 months ago #49251 by pointri
Replied by pointri on topic Re:Is there a "need CB help, will pay" area?
Heh, lost track of this thread...I can contribute as well: probably not to the tune of three-figure Euros (they're expensive to me nowadays), though I would like to pitch in for an effort if it gets organized.

Joomlapolitan zealot and a somewhat stealthy, rather passive CB3PD developer.
www.constructionlounge.com Construction Lounge: Online resource and networking portal for the construction and remodeling industries.

16 years 6 months ago #49317 by duto
I would also sponsor for some key features for communityscripts like

- 50€ for better searching feature than existing one
- 200€ for chatbox on "online" profiles
- 50€ for buttons for sending gifts, kisses, huges....
- 50€ for better "communication" between profilegallery and profilepicture

another way to give users to support CB is - to offer two different versions of CB

free and sponsered versions - would make sense because many experienced webmasters would also pay for better/improved features of CB

there are some guys who started with this idea to copy CB

see:
www.joobisoft.com

would be interested what the CB Team thinks about this idea...

16 years 6 months ago #49582 by beat
Just wanted to say that we are following this thread with interest, since there are good ideas floating in this thread, and we are looking in and developing ways to convert the wishes into something manageable :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 6 months ago #49584 by VivekB
That's cool, cuz I now find myself running 2 sites, with some ideas on both. Both out of my pocket, and they're non-profit/no-fee sites so no way to recoup the money, so i'm hoping a collective pool will help :-)

My next desire is for my neighbrohood site, with a form for very-minor-crime reporting that folks can fill in which will then populate the "official" police report form that folks can fax in.

I'm sure i'll have more needs though...

16 years 6 months ago #49890 by ysva
Replied by ysva on topic Re:Is there a "need CB help, will pay" a
I have performed quite a lot of research towards social network services such as MySpace. I didn't make many plugins though, but real modifications to the core such as activating mambots in CB and new notification methods for many of the communication possibilities. I assume core hacks would also play a part in this story?

The only problem with this thing though is that new CB versions will have to include a very detailled changelog with changed lines and their linenumbers so that every core hack can be updated to the new version easily.:side:

Post edited by: ysva, at: 2007/11/10 16:23

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn