Password Reset from Front End

15 years 10 months ago #64379 by daveo
Password Reset from Front End was created by daveo
I provide hosting services where the subscriber does not have access to the back end. However, the subscriber needs the ability to assume control of resetting passwords for any and all accounts, but from the front end, not the back end.

Is there CB functionality that I can use to allow an account that is at the Publisher level to reset passwords from the Frontend?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64406 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Password Reset from Front End
hi,
check this with all impact of other rights

comprofiler configuration
tab moderation

1.) make moderation group = your wish (publisher)

2.) Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles = CB moderators and level above

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

15 years 10 months ago #64467 by daveo
Replied by daveo on topic Re:Password Reset from Front End
Thanks for the reply from sunny Germany! Say Hi to Baden-Sollingen for me, from Canada's wet coast.

I must add a bit more clarity to what I'm looking for... using the front end only, the Moderator (publisher level account) needs to be able to see all the accounts, and reset their passwords.

I've configured the Moderator as you've suggested, and have enabled mod_comprofilermoderator module too. In testing, I've logged on with a publisher level account, and while I can see the CB Workflow box, I can't see how to show the list of accounts to allow password resets.

Do you have any advice?

+Dave+

15 years 10 months ago #64477 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Password Reset from Front End
CB users-lists can be made available for certain levels of users, from there you can allow users of certain level to edit users-profiles, including password !

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64577 by daveo
Replied by daveo on topic Re:Password Reset from Front End
Excellent!

Using CB 1.2, I made sure that the Password field was on the profile, then I created a new list visible to only Publisher accounts, and set the Publisher role to be the moderator, and VOILA! Publisher account can update a Registered Users account's password from the front end. Precisely what I needed to be possible.

Thanks so very much!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.515 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn