Field Manager Ordering Issues?

15 years 10 months ago #64385 by Terp
Field Manager Ordering Issues? was created by Terp
Something is really strange with the field manager; website is listed as #1 for the sort order, so I changed Name to #1, saved...now I had two #1s in the order column, rather than it renumbering the fields sequentially.

I checked the registration form again and website was listed on top still. No big deal, I said, I'll just manually order the fields using the up and down arrows, so I moved website down a few to test, save, refresh, and it is now #4, yet still on top of the list?!?!?!?

Anyone else notice this, or is it just me?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64402 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Field Manager Ordering Issues?
Check the "registration ordering" of the tab containing those fields. That has first priority in ordering of tabs in registration (default is 10, within same "registration ordering", tabs are ordered by their normal profile ordering (position/ordering).

Registration ordering doesn't appear in tab manager list, but it appears in the tabs edit.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #66140 by denden
Replied by denden on topic Re:Field Manager Ordering Issues?
beat wrote:

Check the "registration ordering" of the tab containing those fields.

I think you misunderstood the question, I too have the same problem.

In "field management", ordering the fields for registration does not work. I want questions to be asked in a specific order when users register.

15 years 10 months ago #66141 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Field Manager Ordering Issues?
Works just fine for me.

Of course using CB 1.2 RC.

15 years 10 months ago #66142 by denden
Replied by denden on topic Re:Field Manager Ordering Issues?
nant wrote:

Works just fine for me.

Of course using CB 1.2 RC.

Oh crap, I used search to find this topic, not realizing I was in the 1.2 topic! Sorry :laugh:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn