Captcha 2.x.x

15 years 11 months ago #65060 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Captcha 2.x.x
miguelpinheiro wrote:

Hi there!
I still have the session write error message after changing the 41 line in the code.

It is strange because in my local machine I do not get that error but with the exactly same code and database running in the server I get that error.
And it is something to do with the captcha because when I disable the plugin I do not get the error.

Are you running on php 4 by any chance (system or help/system info menu) ?

If so, try upgrading to php 5 ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #65088 by miguelpinheiro
Replied by miguelpinheiro on topic Re:Captcha 2.x.x
Yes, I can confirm I'm running with PHP4.
I'm managing the upgrade with my host provider to PHP5 and I'll keep you informed about the issue.

Miguel

15 years 11 months ago #65108 by miguelpinheiro
Replied by miguelpinheiro on topic Re:Captcha 2.x.x
After updating to PHP5 this issue was fixed.
Regards.

Miguel

15 years 10 months ago #66749 by Boumy
Replied by Boumy on topic Re:Captcha 2.x.x
so we are oblige to ask our hosters to switch to php5 to fix the problem or to wait the next release of the plugin 2.2RC? Could you confirmi to me ?
Thxs

15 years 10 months ago #66768 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Captcha 2.x.x
Boumy wrote:

so we are oblige to ask our hosters to switch to php5 to fix the problem or to wait the next release of the plugin 2.2RC? Could you confirmi to me ?
Thxs

PHP 4 support ends in August.
This means that even if a security incident comes up with PHP 4, there will be no fix.

I would ask my hoster to upgrade.

CB is trying to maintain compatibility (at least in CB 1.2) but it will also drop support for PHP 4 after CB 1.2.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds