CB 1.2RC will not install - likely due to timeout

15 years 10 months ago #64506 by abchrist
I'm trying to install CB1.2RC on a fresh Joomla 1.5.3 installation. I think I get the timeout problem as described in the documentation page 19.

Is there a way to verify that this is the problem?

Then I continue to Method 2 (the two step installation)

The base of my web is "/ll" and I haved FTP'ed the unzipped com_comprofiler to "/ll/profiler". Then I try use "install from directory"-method and enter the installation path as "/profiler" and press the Install button.
Nothing happens so what am I doing wrong?

I've also tried almost all combinations of instllation paths include both forward- and backward slash etc.

I'm lost and can't get any further. Please advise.

UPS!:S Sorry wrong forum but plase help anyway.

Post edited by: abchrist, at: 2008/06/04 01:01

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64519 by beat
ok, moved post to right forum.

Please check the bugs forum here. Probably you have mysqli instead of default mysql...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64559 by abchrist
Thanks for your fast reply!

BUT I do not have mysqli - which has also been verified by my hosting provider.:(

Any info on the Method 2 installation path?
What install script is executed when I press the Install button?

I have already been searching the Joomla documentation for the above information so any help/hints are most welcome!

15 years 10 months ago #64579 by beat
CB backend auto-detects if step 2 did not complete, and shows you a big warning and the link to execute step 2, if it detected uncomplete step 2.

Do you have timeout after step 1 (in step 2) or during step 1 ?

Means did the first step completed/warning step 2 starting screen appear ?

Check end of README file, it contains solutions to timeouts or memory problems.

In Joomla 1.5, MySql/MySqli setting is a joomla global parameter, not a hoster installation setting.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64611 by abchrist
You are doing magic! :) Thanks!
Installation done and now I looking forward to explorer your great extension to Joomla.

Is there any danger by setting the database to mysql and not mysqli?

After installation should I change it back to mysqli?

15 years 10 months ago #64664 by beat
abchrist wrote:

You are doing magic! :) Thanks!
Installation done and now I looking forward to explorer your great extension to Joomla.

Is there any danger by setting the database to mysql and not mysqli?

After installation should I change it back to mysqli?

It's 2 equivalent interfaces as far as joomla and cb use is concerned. mysqli is a little more recent API, but as said no practical differences.

No, CB 1.2 RC's mysqli layer is buggy, also after installation, at least it's consistent.

Once you upgrade to next version, you can set it back to myslqi if you wish.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn