Custom registration page

15 years 10 months ago #64635 by nwood888
Custom registration page was created by nwood888
Hello. First, thanks for a great product. I've been working with CB 1.1 for a while and it's very nice.

I've been tasked with creating a web site that needs a custom skin for the registration page. I need some fields to display in one section on the left, and other fields to be displayed on the right. I'm assuming there's no "easy" way to do this. Nevertheless, I need to do it. I'm hoping CB 1.2 has improved support for this type of thing. So two questions.

1. What's the recommended way to do this?

2. Is it possible to create a completely custom/standalone registration page, and then have it POST to the CB registration system?

Thanks for any help on this.

Nick

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64756 by nwood888
Replied by nwood888 on topic Re:Custom registration page
Any direction on this, anyone?

15 years 10 months ago #64840 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Custom registration page
I thought for some time on how you could do this easily, but didn't find an easy solution yet for you, sorry.

CB is moving away from PHP-controlled templates to database+CSS-controlled templating using an internal html generation engine, as this offers many benefits.

For backwards-compatibility reasons with the 100+ existing CB plugins we didn't want to change the registration page controls and html markup yet.

I see 2 solutions, both not easy and not clean:
1) modify the html generator in plugin.class.php cbTabs class to your need (that one is now used for all fields displays), but it's a no easy change.
2) use a javascript script which changes the html of the page after page load.

CB 2.0 will allow that and much more, but it's not available today (and not next month eiter :D ).

Sorry, out of CB 1.2 out-of-the-box scope. :(

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64860 by nwood888
Replied by nwood888 on topic Re:Custom registration page
Thanks for the response beat!

I'll do one of those, worst case. But is it not possible to create a stand-alone html page and just post into the CB registration system? Even if I have to disable some security checks?

Nick

15 years 10 months ago #64874 by Terp
Replied by Terp on topic Re:Custom registration page
Being new, I was poking around the code looking for a similar solution, but also having migrated over from the asp.net world and knowing little about PHP (aside from the fact that it's way more intuitive and easier on the eyes), I was at a lost when I didn't see an index/html template file controlling the spacial design.

I am looking at the files as I type this looking at where I drop a few BR tags in the registration page to move the form down a little and air it out from the top icon bar with the 'required', 'shown in profile,' etc...little cramped up there. ;)

15 years 10 months ago #64916 by Raj
Replied by Raj on topic Re:Custom registration page
You can style the registration form with CSS. No need to hack the code. You can't create whole different registration forms with CSS, of course.

Roger

Post edited by: Raj, at: 2008/06/06 23:14

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn