Urgent: Wrong Email Address Being Used

15 years 10 months ago #64674 by atlscoob
Urgent: Wrong Email Address Being Used was created by atlscoob
Prior to upgrading I had no problem with the proper email address being used for all automated email messages. I have not made any changes to these settings, yet all automated messages are now sent using my ISPs generic domain email address for example - mydomain@myisp.com.

I have tested changing the Global Configuration to use PHPMail, SendMail and SMTP, yet none of them work right, they all use an email address generated by the ISP as the sent from address.

The reply to email address however appears to be working correctly. I have also double checked the email address settings in CB Configuration and they too display the correct email address that I need used.

Any idea what the problem is here?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64696 by beat
Did you backup your previous ueconfig.php file ?

DId you restore it ?

Did you then go to CB configuration, check settings, and save config ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64761 by atlscoob
Replied by atlscoob on topic Re:Urgent: Wrong Email Address Being Used
Yes, I did all of that - I finally got it to work with a local email address, which I did not have to use before...

15 years 10 months ago #64788 by beat
atlscoob wrote:

Yes, I did all of that - I finally got it to work with a local email address, which I did not have to use before...

Most probably "From:" address rules of your hoster changed to accept only hosted domains as as from address as anti-spam measure ;)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.335 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn