Unable to Edit Profile from either end

15 years 10 months ago #64948 by crawforp
Unable to Edit Profile from either end was created by crawforp
I am unable to save updates to my user profile from either the front or backend. Whenever you enter the profile updater, make changes, and submit, a blank error popup appears. You click okay it takes you back to where you were but no changes are saved.

Thought it was an access error from the front, but the back too? A permissions problem? Using J1.5.0.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #64966 by beat
- Check CB database from CB tools: any errors ?

- Take a look at known CB 1.2 RC issues forum in here, #2 in particular.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #64986 by crawforp
Replied by crawforp on topic Re:Unable to Edit Profile from either end
That seems to be the issue - columns missing on the new fields areas. However you can't save changes on pre-existing fields either.

If I'm going through a hosting company (Yahoo - I didn't pick it) how do I upgrade the php? Is there another fix on the way for us still using 4.3.11?

Thanks for the quick response!

15 years 10 months ago #65040 by holger_es
Replied by holger_es on topic Re:Unable to Edit Profile from either end
Hello,

i have the same problem at the backend and frontend.

I have a Problem to create the database entrys. I have delete the Field an make it new but the following error are displayed by check core DB:

There are 1 column(s) missing in the comprofiler table, which are defined as fields (rows in comprofiler_fields):

- Field cb_geschlecht - Column cb_geschlecht is missing from comprofiler table.

This one can be fixed by deleting and recreating the field(s) using components -> Community Builder -> Field Management.
Please additionally make sure that columns in comprofiler table are not also duplicated in users table.

Ok. PHP5 required :(

Post edited by: holger_es, at: 2008/06/08 09:48

Post edited by: holger_es, at: 2008/06/08 09:52

15 years 10 months ago #65063 by beat
We have fixed now most PHP 4 issues and are doing some more testing and fixing the other issues. This will probably lead to a RC 2 in a not to far future, but still *at least* some days away.

But really, try getting PHP 5, most serious hosters offer it as a config option, or as default. PHP 4 is already officially obsolete, and security support completely ends 08.08.08 (see www.php.net announcement last year).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn