Can't change any profile user value from backend

15 years 10 months ago #65020 by miguelpinheiro
Can't change any profile user value from backend was created by miguelpinheiro
Hi!
As a super-administrator user I can't change/edit any user of my site.
When I click "SAVE" I get the error: "Not Authorized" message.
In my localhost machine everything is ok. This is in my server.

Miguel

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65066 by alpsee
Hi,
you need to change this setting in cb configuration/moderation and then set "allow moderators/admins to edit user's profile".
that's it.

15 years 10 months ago #65073 by beat
Did you check the known issues sub-forum of CB 1.2 RC forum here ?

Did you do CB -> tools -> Check CB database ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #65085 by miguelpinheiro
Replied by miguelpinheiro on topic Re:Can't change any profile user value from backen
Yes, I've checked the database and read the issues allready raised.
Also checked the option about allowing admin users to edit users in backend - thanks for the tip alpsee.

When I run the CB database check tool I get everything green except this line (in red):

ERROR: sql query: SELECT u.id FROM #__users u LEFT JOIN #__core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL : returned error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT u.id FROM jos_users u LEFT JOIN jos_core_acl_aro a ON a.section_value = 'users' AND a.value = CAST( u.id AS CHAR ) WHERE a.value IS NULL

I'm getting the same message when running the check tool in my localhost computer and everything is working great.

Beat, if you want I can give you some admin previleges to go inside my site to see it.

Cheers.

Miguel

15 years 10 months ago #65109 by miguelpinheiro
Replied by miguelpinheiro on topic Re:Can't change any profile user value from backen
After updating to PHP5 this issue was fixed.
Regards.

Miguel

15 years 10 months ago #65118 by beat
miguelpinheiro wrote:

After updating to PHP5 this issue was fixed.
Regards.

Miguel,

Cool, nice to see the main issue was fixed by PHP5, so it's one of the known issues.

I believe you still have the sql error on CB database check ?

That one is due to the fact that this column's collation differs from database collation. It's really a database problem that you have, more than CB one.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.268 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn