Can't change any profile user value from backend

15 years 10 months ago #65367 by trlbldr
Sorry, but that's not true with what I see. I have set up several sites, upgraded each to CB 1.2, set moderator to Super-Admin, and allowed Super-Admins to edit User Profiles. The box for each site runs PHP 5.2.6.

Still, when I attempt to edit a profile (to set the editor mambot, for instance), I get a blank error dialog which I presume means that I cannot edit the profile.

The Joomla version on each site is v1.0.15, CB 1.2, PHP 5.2.6.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers

Don White

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65547 by miguelpinheiro
Replied by miguelpinheiro on topic Re:Can't change any profile user value from backen

I believe you still have the sql error on CB database check ?

That one is due to the fact that this column's collation differs from database collation. It's really a database problem that you have, more than CB one.

Thanks for the tip Beat. I will try to get it fixed.
Cheers.

Miguel

15 years 10 months ago #65835 by aurora2
trlbldr wrote:

Sorry, but that's not true with what I see. I have set up several sites, upgraded each to CB 1.2, set moderator to Super-Admin, and allowed Super-Admins to edit User Profiles. The box for each site runs PHP 5.2.6.

Still, when I attempt to edit a profile (to set the editor mambot, for instance), I get a blank error dialog which I presume means that I cannot edit the profile.

The Joomla version on each site is v1.0.15, CB 1.2, PHP 5.2.6.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Cheers

Have you the CB-Gallery installed? The Gallery seems not to be compatible with CB 1.2 and produced this error. In my case I could not edit a User from Backend. If you set Joomla Debug=on you can see that there are Sql-Errors, fields could not be found even if they are in the Database. It might be that some other"old" Plugins produced the same Errors.

Guenter

15 years 10 months ago #65974 by trlbldr
Guenter,

Thanks. The CB Gallery and the CB ProfileBook plugins are installed. There was no warning that these legacy plugins wouldn't work and, since some members have uploaded images using the Gallery plugin, I'm reluctant to uninstall it and remove their images.

Seems to be an issue, still.

Again, thanks very much1

Don

Don White

15 years 10 months ago #65985 by nant
trlbldr wrote:

Guenter,

Thanks. The CB Gallery and the CB ProfileBook plugins are installed. There was no warning that these legacy plugins wouldn't work and, since some members have uploaded images using the Gallery plugin, I'm reluctant to uninstall it and remove their images.

Seems to be an issue, still.

Again, thanks very much1

Don

dont unistall - just unpublish plugins to test this assumption.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn