Looking to Hire if needed for Hot Properties addon

15 years 10 months ago #65391 by nick4sale
First, thank you for this wonderful CB addon. I am truly grateful for all the work you've accomplished with it.

2nd, Yes, I know my image needs updating, I am waiting moderator approval.

3rd, This being my first post, it takes alot to get me to post as I truly search around for answers before I post so when I do post, I really do need help.

4th, I am using the Hot Properties addon, but not as it's intended purpose for real estate. I need to use the hack part of it because I am unsure how to get someone set as an "agent" otherwise, and because the hack allows "agents" not to have to login to the admin area, to add items for sale. If the hot properties addon had shown up with the ability to add items like normal content for Joomla, I wouldn't have this problem, but really don't want additional "agents" to have access to areas of admin that they really shouldn't have when using this addon.

I have only purchased the subscription model of rc2 today, so haven't thoroughly read the pdf file as yet and I realize my answers may be in there to read, but I'm hopeful that either someone can tell me what I need to do to get this working properly, or am looking to hire someone to do it for me.

Apologies if I chose the wrong area to post this in.

I really appreciate any and all help you could give.

Thank you,

Marian

Post edited by: nick4sale, at: 2008/06/12 06:34

Marian
Web Developer
www.seamstobesew.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65408 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Looking to Hire if needed for Hot Properties ad
Hi and wellcome to joomlapolis and the doc subscribers.

unfortunatly i think you posted on the wrong website :(

As i understand your post, you are looking for support related to hot property.

This is the website for community builder...:whistle:

sunny regards from Germany

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

15 years 10 months ago #65409 by KurtSteiner
Replied by KurtSteiner on topic Re:Looking to Hire if needed for Hot Properties ad
nick4sale wrote:

I have only purchased the subscription model of rc2 today, so haven't thoroughly read the pdf file as yet and I realize my answers may be in there to read, but I'm hopeful that either someone can tell me what I need to do ...

Marian

Post edited by: nick4sale, at: 2008/06/12 06:34

...btw...

When you have the documentation and THINK, the answers are in this document...i do not understand why you do not start to read, instead of posting in a forum.

Do you know the RTFM error ?
;)

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

15 years 10 months ago #65416 by nick4sale
Hot Properties is not well supported unfortunately, and because most of the other addons (modules) I have installed use the CB Plugin, I can't use the registration hack for hot properties. It seems to me it's more a CB issue than a Hot properties issue, and not that it's even a CB issue, but I'm hoping CB can help me create a addon that will work for hot properties, since I can't use the other registration option. So essentially speaking I knew where I was when I posted it on this site, I posted it here because I need someone here to help me integrate CB and hot properties together.

As to not having read the documentation, I apologize for not taking the time to read a 166 page document, what's to say that the information is in the document anyway, or that I'll understand how to implement it should it be there. The point is, I really need help with this now, and don't have the time to read the document at the moment, although I have plans to do so. There may actually be someone who could help me and that's really what I need anyway.

Marian (who is also in Germany)

Marian
Web Developer
www.seamstobesew.com

15 years 10 months ago #65418 by KurtSteiner
:) in this case, i would suggest a post on www.joomlancers.com/
:)

BERND (Kurt Steiner)

15 years 10 months ago #65430 by nick4sale
Thank you, Cool Site :)

Marian

Marian
Web Developer
www.seamstobesew.com