Front-End User Approval

15 years 10 months ago #65488 by wixenstyx
Front-End User Approval was created by wixenstyx
I've been all through the documentation, and I've searched the forums using every string I can think of. I'm sure I'm missing an obvious answer, but I can't quite figure out where.

We have a website that was created for a neighborhood. Since all of those who use the site will be in close physical proximity, we saw no need for E-mail confirmation. However, to prevent random strangers from registering, we have the registration subject to Admin approval.

The site went live yesterday. Personally, I tend to prefer to do my administrative work from the back end, so I've not run into this before. This particular site's webmasters are a little intimidated by the backend and prefer to work from the front if they can. Fair enough. I have the CB Workflows module up and active, and when a new user signs in, he or she does appear there. However, when any of us approve the user from the front end, the user turns up 'Enabled' and 'Confirmed', but Approval is set to 'Pending'.

Is this intentional? If so, it seems to render the user approval ability from the front end rather pointless, as one must then go to the back end anyway and approve from there as well before the user can actually log in. The documentation for 1.1 and 1.2 both seem to suggest that clicking 'Approve' should take care of things.

Am I misunderstanding something?

We are, incidentally, running Joomla 1.5.3, CB 1.2, with PHP 5.2.6.

Post edited by: wixenstyx, at: 2008/06/12 23:44

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66611 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Front-End User Approval
Hm... retested your settings here, and all runs as expected.

Maybe CB -> tools -> CB database check ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

15 years 10 months ago #66887 by wixenstyx
Replied by wixenstyx on topic Re:Front-End User Approval
No..I've done that, and the database checks out fine.

We're using Yootheme's 'Mee' theme, if that helps.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn