Conflict

15 years 10 months ago #65563 by jimmer
Conflict was created by jimmer
Tried to post in the proper area but it is telling me to login which I am???

Anyhow here is the error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getlangdefinition() (previously declared in /home/wrightne/public_html/greyagservices/components/com_jdirectory/tools.jdirectory.php:165) in /home/wrightne/public_html/greyagservices/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 136

So I guess it does not play well in jDirectory but I do need both features...

If anyone can provide me with some help that would be great.

James

jimmer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66262 by stepson
Replied by stepson on topic Re:Conflict
same problem for me :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare getlangdefinition() (previously declared in /home.10.2/square/www/masdelaure/components/com_jdirectory/tools.jdirectory.php:197) in /home.10.2/square/www/masdelaure/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.foundation.php on line 136

JDirectory SVN of 16th of june
Joomla 1.5.3
Jommfish 2.0 beta2
CB .1.2 RC

I posted this also on Jdirectory forum.
No reply yet.

15 years 10 months ago #66266 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Conflict
Yup that looks like a PHP function-name conflict...

Since around 2 years, we prefix all our functions and classes with cb to avoid potential conflicts, but this function exists since around 5 years in Community Builder...

Problem is that we can't rename it without breaking compatibility with a good part of the 100+ 3pd CB plugins, as it's used throughout plugins for language translations.

I hope that jDirectory will be able to rename it, and also start to prefix their functions with e.g. jdir , at least those used in mambots/plugins and modules so that they avoid all conflicts too.

Your only workaround so far is to unpublish the module and/or plugin of jDirectory, and only use the component.

You are welcome to link to my reply here in the jDirectory forum, and to add it to the jDirectory bugs-tracker, as we can't change it in CB for backwards-compatibility reasons as explained above. Sorry.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.461 seconds