Profile -- Special Titles

15 years 10 months ago #65588 by zacharyyoung
Profile -- Special Titles was created by zacharyyoung
I want to add a field to my profile for Staff titles. I want to be able to edit this on everyone's profile because I'll only be adding their special titles manually and only and certain users. How would I do this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65598 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:Profile -- Special Titles
Havent tried this but maybe make a field (maybe field delimiter or text box) and make it read only to the user and not at registration so they cant edit it. And make the default value empty. Then you can go in and change it from the backend.

-D

CB Testteam member

15 years 10 months ago #65713 by zacharyyoung
Replied by zacharyyoung on topic Re:Profile -- Special Titles
And that would make it individual for each user? Thank you sooooo much! I really appreciate it!!!

15 years 10 months ago #65737 by zacharyyoung
Wait, I want to have HTML in it too so I can bold it and stuff...how would I do that?

EDIT: How would I make it display to the right side of the avatar image but above all of the online and joined info?

Post edited by: zacharyyoung, at: 2008/06/15 17:29

15 years 10 months ago #65773 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:Profile -- Special Titles
If you want html in it then use a field delimiter and enter the info/html in the description.

As for placing in above the online/joined info just place that delimited field in the User Status tab and reorder the fields the way you like.

-D

CB Testteam member

15 years 10 months ago #65774 by zacharyyoung
Okay, I'm a bit confused here. When entering it in the description, how do I do it? Is it like

[code:1]
<font size=5> [TEXT] </size> [/code:1]

that? (I'll be so surprised if I'm right xD)

Also, I don't know how to eliminate the title of the tab, I don't exactly want a title. I'll acually give a screenshot of what I'd like of the final product because I'm explaining this pitifully.

So, in this effect, I might want there to be three fields for members who have a few titles, some may only have one. It also shows the placement and no titles (so to the left before a title it may say Title1 if I named that field like that, I don't want that) There is also a possibility that I may want a tad of color with it, it's not 100% nessesary, but if it's possible, GREAT!

Sorry if I sound really picky, and if this is impossible, please tell me because I can sometimes be in over my head. But could you help me for a bit longer, I'd really appreciate it.

Post edited by: zacharyyoung, at: 2008/06/16 04:39

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn