Profile -- Special Titles

15 years 10 months ago #65782 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:Profile -- Special Titles
Ok, to get rid of the title theres a little trick you can do (Thanks to Nick for pointing it out). Edit the file:

/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/language/default_language/default_language.php
Now scroll all the way down to the bottom of the file and on its own line enter:

[code:1]DEFINE ('_UE_EMPTY_STRING','');[/code:1]
Save the file.

Now go create a Field Delimiter field. For the title now enter _UE_EMPTY_STRING then in the description enter your text. You would probobly want to not use the font and instead use a span and add the CSS for formatting. like so:

Description:
[code:1]<span class="UserTitle1"> [TEXT] </span>[/code:1]

then you want to go to your templates CSS file rockettheme normally has it at:
/templates/templatename/css/template_css.css

Open that file up and scroll all the way to the bottom and on a new line add:
[code:1].UserTitle1 {
font-size:6px;
font-weight: bold;
color: #ffcb99;
}[/code:1]

You will of course want to change the stuff inbetween the curly brackets to what you want it to be. But should give you an idea.

-D

CB Testteam member

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65817 by zacharyyoung
Replied by zacharyyoung on topic Re:Profile -- Special Titles
Wow, that's awesome! Thank you! It's going to be so helpful. So, I still have one question (I never end)

When you're saying editing files, how do I do that. I can find then under plugins, but I can't find how to open up it's code. Or is that code somewhere in my CB files for download and I have to edit and re download or... (I'm new, I'm so sorry)

15 years 10 months ago #65828 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Profile -- Special Titles
If you have CPanel, go into File Manager, and navigate to the file you want to edit. Click on the name of the item and hit 'Edit' at the right side of the screen. When you make the needed changes, click Save.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 10 months ago #65832 by dping28
I personally use UltraEdit which has a built in FTP client. So I just expand my servers connection and it lays out the folders on the server as if they were local. Browse to the file and double click and its open in UltraEdit.

How did you get the files to the server? You familar with normal FTP? If so you can download the file with FTP to your PC, make the changes in notepad, and then upload back to your server.

Also what ver of joomla are you running? There may be some kind of extension you could install. May check out joomla's extension section.

-D

CB Testteam member

15 years 10 months ago #65875 by zacharyyoung
Replied by zacharyyoung on topic Re:Profile -- Special Titles
I Use HostGator. I got Joomla from there and then download community builder onto it.

15 years 10 months ago #65881 by dping28
According to Host Gators site they have CPanel and FTP access so you could try Rapunzl's way first as probobly easiest. If that doesnt work Contact Host Gator for assistance in setting up a FTP Connection to your hosting package.

-D

CB Testteam member

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn