Logical error: User - Admin Rights CB 1.2

15 years 10 months ago #65705 by tschersich
Logical error: User - Admin Rights CB 1.2 was created by tschersich
I'm afraid I found another logical error in CB 1.2 RC1:

My users are not allowed to change their user names, because we follow a certain standard. When they register with a user name that does not fit the given standards, i usually change it in the backend, which I can't do anymore because of my restrictions for normal registered users?! That does not make sense. As a super administrator, I should be able to change any field value regardless of the rights I've set for my users.

This worked fine in CB 1.1

- Joomla 1.0.15
- CB 1.2 RC 1
- upgrade method: expert from 1.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65726 by nant
tschersich wrote:

I'm afraid I found another logical error in CB 1.2 RC1:

Please remind me of previous logical errors...

My users are not allowed to change their user names, because we follow a certain standard. When they register with a user name that does not fit the given standards, i usually change it in the backend, which I can't do anymore because of my restrictions for normal registered users?! That does not make sense. As a super administrator, I should be able to change any field value regardless of the rights I've set for my users.

This worked fine in CB 1.1

- Joomla 1.0.15
- CB 1.2 RC 1
- upgrade method: expert from 1.1

Just tried this and IMHO it works as designed.

I have set the username field as registration=Yes and readonly = Yes. This means that the user can submit a username during registration but cannot change it in the future.

I have also set the Field Validation in Admin parameter to No (in CB Configuration -> User Profile).
This means that all validations are ignored when an admin edits the profile from the backend. Have you a similar setup? This has been present and working in CB 1.1 also.

15 years 10 months ago #65735 by tschersich
Replied by tschersich on topic Re:Logical error: User - Admin Rights CB 1.2
I'm sorry, that was my mistake. The german translation describing the field validation is not very clear.

I've changed it to "No" and now it works!
Sorry for causing this trouble. :blush:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn