All CB 1.2 3PD's

15 years 11 months ago #65795 by rofar
All CB 1.2 3PD's was created by rofar
Is there a way to consolidate - on the JoomlaPolis.com site, all of the 3PD's that belong to CB 1.2?

And when will all 3PD's be ready for 1.2?

I am asking out of curiosity and eagerness. Thank you.

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 11 months ago #65801 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:All CB 1.2 3PD's
Sorry, don't understand what you are asking.

All CB 1.1 compatible plugins will also work with CB 1.2.

However, as mentioned elsewhere, these plugins might need legacy plugin enabled.

15 years 11 months ago #65876 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:All CB 1.2 3PD's
I am not sure you don't understand what I am asking. I think that the 3PD's should be separated by what versions they work with. I see many of them were developed or posted in 2005 and 2006. This is a little bit concerning. I would like to see 3PD's with 2008 and know that they will work with Joomla 1.5, in a native fashion and with CB 1.2.

When will Joomla 1.5 native 3PD's be available? And when they are available, could they be put with the downloads for CB 1.2, if they indeed work and are safe to use.

Using Joomla 1.5.9, CB 1.2 RC4 on a Linux server, with PHP 5.2.6, MySQL5 5.0.27 and eAccelerator 0.9.5.3. (No backend access for support.)

15 years 11 months ago #65911 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:All CB 1.2 3PD's
I think I understand now.

Well, most developers develop for multiple CMS's and versions.

The Joomla extensions site already has a per extension indication regarding compatibility. Our Directory site will also do this.

We will consider something that will highlight the 3PD community on JP - need to discuss some initial thoghts with Beat.

We also need to prepare a brief guideline about developing plugins for CB 1.2 API so they are cross CMS compatible.

I hope this addresses part of your concerns.

15 years 10 months ago #66287 by rofar
Replied by rofar on topic Re:All CB 1.2 3PD's
Thanks!!!

All of the things you mentioned would be so helpful! Honestly, I find your site very confusing. I know it is not confusing to you, because you've been here for a long time! But, for me, I can't figure it all out and it's because many things are not properly grouped, with proper labling and easy navigation.

As a side note, I think you NEED to have much better organization, labling and navigation because the whole point is that you are the provider of "Community Builder." If you don't have the best presentation of this, then who will?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn