button to link to profile page?

15 years 10 months ago #65873 by steviespin
Replied by steviespin on topic Re:button to link to profile page?
I think I am going to get the upgrade - is the 1.2 stable?

Also, will it be easy to upgrade from my 1.1?

thanks!!
Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #65879 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:button to link to profile page?
My opinion? It's more stable than the 1.0 version and easy to upgrade to. Well worth the doc subscription.

The biggest problem I've had is getting a blank page which has always been related to a bad install of either another component, like GJ or UddeIM, or one of the CB plugins. This is always solved by uninstalling/reinstalling the offending addon.

That's just my opinion... you can get more opinions from the release article link or Joomla extensions page.

:cheer:

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 10 months ago #65883 by jolmeda
Replied by jolmeda on topic Re:button to link to profile page?
Hi guys,

There are many ways to do this. If you create a user menu, in there you can add a link to CB profile. By default Joomla's installation comes with a User Menu created with a link to the user details(this user details right now goes to Joomla's default user details). You can edit this one, change it's type and in there select Community Builder, then User Profile (mandatory!), in there you can create several other links (Users lists, User profile edit, Username/Password reminder, Registration Page), or create a new link following the same steps before.

Also, the Community Builder configuration, the Registration tab have a field that send everyone to his profile on the first login. You can copy that code (index.php?option=com_comprofiler) and place it in your login module where you have the Login Redirection Page field.

The default Joomla's login module give you a drop down list, for this you have to create the link in the user menu, then look for User Menu and the name you gave to the link to the CB Profile.

But since CB comes with it CB Login module, I recommend you should use CB's module, also set it up to have the avatar inside the module, and the avatar also links to the profile.

Hope this helps.

Post edited by: jolmeda, at: 2008/06/17 02:22

Post edited by: jolmeda, at: 2008/06/17 02:26

JOlmeda
CB and Joomla Junkie!

www.viveurbano.com
www.vidadeporte.com

15 years 10 months ago #65884 by dping28
Replied by dping28 on topic Re:button to link to profile page?
I personally think its really stable aside for a few setups running into some issues, But Beat is working the kinks out on em. PHP4 seems to be the one with the most issues. Should have all resolved by RC2. Upgrades are very smooth.

If you have no problem gettign the documentation subscription then I would encourage you to do so. You get the great documentation to help get started with all the new features as well as support these guys who put so many hours into this great extension.

-D

CB Testteam member

15 years 10 months ago #65885 by jolmeda
Replied by jolmeda on topic Re:button to link to profile page?
I agree!!!

JOlmeda
CB and Joomla Junkie!

www.viveurbano.com
www.vidadeporte.com

15 years 10 months ago #65886 by steviespin
Replied by steviespin on topic Re:button to link to profile page?
thanks!

I am using CB to login. My only issue is that the users seem to be seperated from fireboard and CB - i thought they were supposed to be united?

For the upgrade, so i simply uninstall 1.1 and install 1.2?

thanks everyone!
SS

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.292 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn