Still happening

15 years 10 months ago #66084 by Johnnydement
Still happening was created by Johnnydement
Reinstalled, now a clean CB install, no CB plugins installed, and the error persists, notice registration worked all right while CB was uninstalled again.

Althought I've noticed that, even with CB uninstalled yesterday, today when I reinstalled, the custom fields I created we're still there.

So, can I understand uninstalling did not delete all CB tables? could the one creating the problem managed to remain in place?

If so, what are the tables/fields tables created by CB?

I could guess that all the jos_comprofiler_* ones, but besides those ones?

thanks

I would not mind in someone who knows what he/she is doing better than me taking a look on this issue ;)

Your feedback on the JED helps us improve Kunena. ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66096 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Still happening
I'm not sure what is still happening, but in regards to the database tables, it depends on what was installed previously. Most of the extensions are easily recognizable with jos_program-extension-name.

Have you enabled errors in Joomla Global Config (maybe even changing from default to maximum error reporting in the same Global Config).

Before messing with the tables, try disabling modules, plugins and CB plugins first. Usually that does the trick in narrowing down the culprit... unless you're like me and work backwords with a clean DB and J! install, then installing things one at a time to check thngs out that way. One day, my site will be up and running :blink:

If you aren't sure about the DB extensions, I'd look up the extension in Joomla forums or using a web search by searching for jos_whatever to see what you come up with. I'd begin removing the tables you are sure of that you suspect may be the culprit, one at a time.

Hope this helps. If you come up with some errors, it may help in getting an answer here faster than going the long way around with the disabling or deleting tables.

Jamie

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

15 years 10 months ago #66362 by Johnnydement
Replied by Johnnydement on topic Re:Still happening
lol, really I hit 'start new topic' more than I would like too ;) too visible for me :P

This was supposed to be a reply to a thread I started: www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/catid,50/id,65486/

My problem is that I cannot register users from frontend, and debug mode shows nothingm, no error, no hang, jsut that when you press the register button in CB register, it takes the user to log-in screen, without having saved the user...

And I'm running out of ideas, wiped all CB references in site and tables and reinstalled. Joomla register works flawlessly, as well as backend registers, but if someone tries to register from frontend. happens this. And I don't know what else to try...

But CB works fine, is just this issue, I have to go syncing users everytime someone registers... and obvioulsy, is a crap xD

Thanks anyway Jamie ;)

And sorry again for double-tripe-multi posting :whistle:

Your feedback on the JED helps us improve Kunena. ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn