db error

15 years 10 months ago #66095 by treggeee
db error was created by treggeee
I get this error when installing com_comprofile. any help would be appreciated. thanks!

_cbAdaptNameFieldsPublished: db error: Lost connection to MySQL server during query SQL=UPDATE jos_comprofiler_fields SET 'published' =1 WHERE 'name' = 'name'

then web page expires. this is during the 2nd step of installation

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 10 months ago #66144 by treggeee
Replied by treggeee on topic Re:db error
anyone? I took it off legacy. I set the time in index.php. Afterwards the community builder is on my website but RIDDLED with errors and broken links.

UPDATE: i restored the database from before i started updating to 1.2, put it back on legacy, then reinstalled it, seems to be working ok now.

Post edited by: treggeee, at: 2008/06/19 22:18

15 years 10 months ago #66149 by joggle
Replied by joggle on topic Re:db error
I got this exact same error as well at the same point during the installation on a clean install of Joomla 1.5. I'm checking now with known issues (such as using mysqli instead of mysql). I'll post back if I find what the cause is.

Update: I confirmed that the database connection is mysql (not mysqli). I was also able to reproduce the error by uninstalling comprofiler and reinstalling it. I'll try looking at the source code now and check the database.

Update2: I checked the database status and saw the fallowing variables marked red:

Slow_queries 598
Innodb_buffer_pool_pages_dirty 17
Innodb_buffer_pool_reads 153k
Innodb_row_lock_time_avg 43ms
Innodb_row_lock_time_max 6,337ms
Innodb_row_lock_waits 780

Maybe the connection is simply timing out.

Post edited by: joggle, at: 2008/06/19 19:16

15 years 10 months ago #66230 by joggle
Replied by joggle on topic Re:db error
Does anyone else have this problem? I haven't made any further headway with it so far.

15 years 10 months ago #66416 by treggeee
Replied by treggeee on topic Re:db error
Can I pm someone? anyone? bueller?
I think this is what is causing my problem. I even tried a directory install with the same error.
I'll gladly give you my password to get cb 1.2 installed. It looks like a great product.
anderson?

15 years 10 months ago #66437 by dailyjunkmail46
Replied by dailyjunkmail46 on topic Re:db error
I am getting the same error, This is on an upgrade from CB 1.1 on joomla 1.53

After this CB 1.2 is installed and working 100% Apart from First name, Last Name, and user Name all fail to show on profile, and show as unpublished in backend, the publish buttons on the backend fail to work

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds